Website Privacy Polciy
Last modified: April 15, 2021
Malena DeMartini, Inc. (“MDI,” “we,” “our,” “or “us“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this statement.
This statement describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website (our “Website“), in connection with our training programs and other education events for trainers (collectively, “Trainer Programs“), and in connection with our separation anxiety programs or otherwise requesting support for your dog (“Client Services“). Our Website is currently located at https://malenademartini.com/. The Website, Trainer Programs, and Client Services are collectively referred to in this statement as “Services.” This statement describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information we collect in connection with our Services.
Please read this statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use our Website or sign up for or participate in our Trainer Programs or Client Services. By accessing or using this Website or signing up for or participating in our Services, you agree to this privacy statement. This statement may change from time to time (see below for Changes to our Privacy Statement). Your continued use of this Website or participation in our Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the statement periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About you and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information in connection with our Services including:
- Information which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and a broad range of information about you and your dog (“personal information“);
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- Information about your access to and use of access our Website such as connection information and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. Information is also automatically collected as you navigate through the Website.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided about you at the time of requesting to participate in a Training Program or Client Service. For Client Services, you will also provide information about your dog.
- Information you provide during the course of a Training Program or Client Service including, without limitation, registration, providing the service, and following up after the service.
- Information you provide as a participant in the MDI community including, without limitation, group discussions and connection with Certified Separation Anxiety Trainers.
- We may ask you for information when you provide feedback on any of our Services or report a problem with our Website.
- Copies of your communications with us (including email addresses).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, and participate in our Programs, we use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and browsing patterns. Third party services that we use include, without limitation, Google Analytics, Monster Analytics and Facebook Pixel. The data We collect may include, without limitation, the following:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and internet browser type.
- We also may use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies used for this automatic data collection include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps websites to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies may also be used for activities such as remembering your user name and password, if we provide such a feature on this site. Based on the software you are using to access the Website, you can turn off all cookies in the event you prefer not to receive them. You may also be able to have your browser warn you when cookies are being used. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the MDI website and you may lose access to some of its features.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is an invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a web page, web-based document or e-mail message. It helps us view the URL of the page on which the beacon appears and can provide the time when the site, a document or an email is viewed. A web beacon can be used to confirm the receipt of, and response to our emails, including those that you forward to other people; and they help deliver a more personalized online experience.
Interact With Third Party Services And Content
We link to third party sites and services, and may display third party content through our Website or otherwise while providing Services. Here are some examples of third party content and services available through or via our site:
- Adobe Connect – We use this for participating in, and reviewing, online discussions in connection with providing Services.
- Learn Dash – We use this for management of our Trainer Programs including storage of education materials and homework.
- YouTube or Vimeo – We may embed content on our site from other online services, such as a recorded video that is stored and delivered by the third-party website.
- Social Media – We may facilitate access to third party sites and online services, like social networks and other services that host user-generated content such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Payment Processing – We work with third party vendors to process payments. These include, but are not limited to, Square, Venmo, Zelle and Wise.
- Website Development and Hosting – The Website is built using WordPress. We currently use Siteground and Google Cloud to operate the Website.
These third party sites and services are beyond our control. Please note that these other websites may set their own cookies, collect data, or solicit personal information. We urge you to review the data protection and privacy policies available on their websites. While our goal is to work with reputable services, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the data protection or privacy practices of third parties in relation to such websites. Your use of third party websites is entirely at your own risk.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with the Services.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose, without restriction, aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy statement:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MDI’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MDI about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MDI, our customers, or others.
Further Information On Control Of Your Information
- Do Not Track Signals / Cookies. At this time the Website does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include ‘do-not-track’ instructions.
- Location information. You may have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your browser or device.
- [Disclosure of your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to [email address].??]
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
To protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through the Website, we have implemented various security measures. We will take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely. Information you provide us is stored in secured managed servers and transmitted to the Website servers using 128 bit SSL encryption.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
While we implement the above security measures on our Website, you should be aware that 100% security is not possible. Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through this Website and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the Website is provided at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that we are not liable for any damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, a third party’s unauthorized access to your information.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 16, please contact us as described below. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
It is our statement to post any changes we make to our privacy statement on this page with a notice that the privacy statement has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page or using the email address you have provided to us. The date the privacy statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. you are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this privacy statement to check for any changes.
You may contact us at:
PO Box 4924, Santa Rosa, California 95405
We welcome questions or comments about this privacy statement and our privacy practices.
This notice and our privacy practices are exclusively subject to the laws of the State of California in the United States of America, without regard to its conflict of laws doctrine. Any legal action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this Privacy Statement or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or the courts of the State of California, located in the County of Sonoma. MDI retains the right to bring any action or proceeding against you for breach of this Agreement in the jurisdiction of your residence. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
If You Live Outside the United States
The MDI site is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law. Any personal information that you provide to MDI is being transferred to us for use in the United States and will be hosted on United States servers. By using our Website, you understand that your information will be transferred to our servers and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this statement. If you are accessing the MDI Site from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
If you are from a jurisdiction whose information collection practices differ from ours, please notify us so that we may take necessary action. This may include prohibiting your further access of our website, precluding you from participating in the Services, and deleting your information.
We are committed to resolving any concerns you may have. If you have any questions, or would like to delete your information, please email at the address set forth above.